Friday 16 March 2012

General Thoughts from the Plane Ride Home


I have now seen seven colleges/universities across three states in five days.  I’m a little breathless, but I think I’ve learned a lot from this trip.  I am now definitely less afraid to ask questions on the tours, which I think is better for everyone involved in the walking tour process.  I’ve figured out that saying you’re interested in Physics and Religious Studies is a long way of saying you have no idea what you want to do with yourself.  I know that the three programs I want to see represented are stage tech (specifically lighting design), fencing, and some kind of residential social life.   I need a campus with an active social scene localized on campus.  I want undergraduate research opportunities.  I didn’t know I wanted that before.  I want opportunities like on campus radio (mostly because I think I’ve always had a latent interest in journalism).  I do not want to study all the time.  I would like to have fun. 

So I think the long and the short of this is that I have learned a lot about the fact that I have no idea what I want. 

Sorry for wasting your time with that, but I really do think this trip was useful on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment